I think it is time for a return to the blog seen. I enjoyed it so much throughout college and it has been AMAZING to look back and read some of my posts. I don’t have a ton of followers, nor do I have sponsors or giveaways, but that is not why I enjoy blogging. I do it so I can stay accountable and learn how to balance my life, while hoping to inspire others to find their balance as well. Lets kick things off with breakfast and an easy recipe to share with everyone. Breakfast aka my favorite meal of the day. Living in Wicker Park, I have truly found a love for brunch. I love trying new places, new entrees, and then sharing my thoughts and comparisons with Chris (and now you all!) Mondays at home breakfast:
- two gluten free cinnamon raisin toasts
- two egg scramble (1 cup spinach, onion/green pepper, & 1 strip bacon crumbled)
Side note…Chiberia hit! And now…. the greatest crockpot whole chicken….EVER! Thanks to my mama for giving me this awesome recipe.
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne (red) pepper
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 onion
- 1 large chicken
1. Chop onion into thick wedges and cover them on the bottom of the crockpot.
2. Add all spice ingredients in a dish.
3. After removing the giblets (DONT FORGET THIS PART), rub the chicken with the spices. Coat the entire chicken. Inside and out!
4. Heat on high for 4-5 hours.
Follow my blog for weekly posts on new recipes to try, tips and tricks for working out, how to stay accountable, and much much more!